Regression testing confirms the accurate functioning of application after it is being enhanced or any patches or configuration changes have been made. It involves rechecking of the application using the executed test cases.
Our regression testing services ensure that the reported product defects are corrected for each new release and no new quality problems are introduced in the maintenance process. Regression testing involves the following:
- Execution of test cases – This process involves executing all the test cases selected for a particular release.
- Selection of test cases – It involves selection of the specific test cases depending upon the changes in the functionality of the application.
- Prioritizing test cases – It involves prioritizing the test cases depending upon the dependencies, business impact and criticality. We use the risk-based testing methodology for prioritizing the test cases.
Benefits of Regression Testing
- Cost-effective, noted to reduce 10% spending
- Prevents the occurrence of new bugs
- Saves time and helps projects to stay on track